Monday, January 3, 2022: Course Overview/Theatre as Art & Entertainment
- Homework #1: Read and Annotate Pipeline by Dominique Morisseau (American Theatre Magazine, Theatre Communications Group, 2017).
- Homework #2: Bring two discussion questions into class on Tuesday regarding your first impressions of the play.
Tuesday, January 4, 2022: Theatre & Society/Pipeline
- Homework #1: Finish Reading/Annotating Pipeline
- Homework #2: Play Analysis Report on Pipeline
Wednesday, January 5, 2022: Components & Structure of Drama
- Homework #1: Read Assigned Sections of Aristotle’s The Poetics (Project Gutenberg, 2008)
- Homework #2: Read Textbook Chapter on Genre. Theatrical Worlds, edited by Charlie Mitchell, University of Florida, 2014.
Thursday, January 6, 2022: Expressionism and Trifles
- Homework #1: Read & Annotate Trifles by Susan Glaspell (Project Gutenberg, 2004)
- Homework #2: Response Essay #1
- Homework #3: Study for Quiz #1